[nsbe-dae] FW: FIRST Detroit Regional Robotics Competition at WSU this weekend:

  • From: "Leronki Leonard" <leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nsbe-dae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nsbeltu@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:21:42 -0500

From: "Sharif, Curtis" <SharifC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <moniquelake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<kimjbrad@xxxxxxx>,<wbowen05@xxxxxxxxx>,<agreen@xxxxxxxxx>,<smithff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <curtis.sharif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FIRST Detroit Regional Robotics Competition at WSU this weekend: Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:47:02 -0400

Greetings All,

The Judges Coordinator for the FIRST-Detroit Regional Robotics Competition (www.usfirst.org)- has approached me soliciting volunteers to serve as judges for the High School robotics competition to be held at Wayne State University this week (Friday 3/16 & Saturday 3/17). As NSBE is one of the partner Professional Organizations with FIRST, this will be an excellent opportunity for NSBE-DAE to be represented in a PCI activity this month. They are looking for at least one additional judge, and the required activities include a Judges dinner on Thursday night, evaluating & interacting with students in the pits during matches on Friday and Saturday, and presenting and ceremony on Saturday afternoon. I know that the timing is short, but if none of us are available to participate, I'd like to forward the request to our membership distribution. I will be attending the competition as an advisor to one of the teams competing from Pontiac, and I will establish contacts with team leaders from Detroit-area high schools in order to gauge their interest in NSBE-DAE mentoring, support & eventually NSBE Jr Chapter establishment for next year. I had previously tried to contact Southfield High School's FIRST team via LTU-NSBE contact Michael Walker, but was unable to connect with their team leader (as that person had moved on & LTU-NSBE no longer works with team). I'll definitely catch up Southfield & the other Detroit-area schools participating this week. If any of you are interested and available to represent NSBE-DAE as judge, let me know and I will pass along the contact information of the judges coordinator. Otherwise, this will be excellent & exciting event to attend as a spectator to see some of the great work that our Detroit-area future engineers are doing. The competition runs on Friday (3/16) from roughly 8:00 - 6:30 and on Saturday from 8:00 - 4:30 in the Field House (Gym) of Wayne State University (on Warren west of the Lodge). Even if you can't participate as a judge, let me know if anyone can make it out to help pitch NSBE Jr to some of the teams that will be participating. Thanks in advance!

Cell: 248-470-7981

> Curtis Sharif
> Project Engineer,  Restraints Systems
NISSAN TECHNICAL CENTER NORTH AMERICA, INC.
39001 Sunrise Drive, Farmington Hills, MI  48331-3487
Phone: 248-488-4923    Fax: 248-488-3903
E-mail:  sharifc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx