[npcug] May meeting

  • From: Graham Trott <gt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: npcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:19:35 +0100

Last night's meeting featured a talk by Martin Ward on databases, using
Microsoft Access to demonstrate some of the things we might want to do with
such beasts.  The talk was informative and entertaining, and provoked a good
number of questions, proving most of us were awake!  Attendance was a little
down but we ended up with 15 or so round the table.

The evening trialled a new format whereby the talk finished at about 9.30 and
was followed by a general discussion.  A couple of members were carrying
computer kit that they set up after the talk, one having problems setting up
SmoothWall and the other a sound card.  The new format seems to work; in fact
we had to pull the power plug at about 10.30 or we'd have been there all
night!

-- GT