[npcug] Access Problem

  • From: "chris" <angliamanuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "npcug" <npcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:44:09 +0100

Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help me with this access problem, this is the second
time I have tried to send this the first time there was a picture of the
problem attached but because of security it doesn't allow jpeg format so this
time I will try to put into text.
This is how it reads:

A problem has occurred while accessing the OLE object
The OLE server may not be available because its on a network server and you
lost the connection. try re-establishing the connection.
The OLE object may be stored in a linked file, but the file isn't available.
Activate the OLE server outside of Microsoft Office Access,and then open the
file containing the OLE object to verify that it exists and can be accessed.

Well that's the message, Let me try to explain what I have done already first
of all I have created a query and from that a form in which there is a OLE
object box where you should be able to insert pictures, the way I have done it
in the passed without any problem is to select insert and then link it to a
picture with in a folder stored on my hard drive. I really don't know what the
problem is as many pictures can be seen in my data base but it won't allow me
to add new ones. Please if anyone has any ideas please contact me before I turn
grey.

thanks everyone

Chris