North Downs Committee plans to meet four times this year (in addition to AGM /
any extra meetings needed). These aren't formal meetings with minutes but I'll
circulate brief notes after each to keep other members informed.
Committee met 3 January 2019.
Mike is setting up a new bank a/c with Lloyds. Nearly there - signatories
contacted by the bank.
We then went through a list of action points from the AGM:
* BBQ - John to run as last year but would appreciate help with transport.
As agreed at AGM, Mike Anders running a general bring & buy.
* Training - for separate meeting Mon 7th
* Field and access - all the possibilities raised at the AGM were discussed.
* Entrance - felt this is principally the Hills' responsibility and Club
cannot afford significant money though OK to provide labour / any materials
available. Mike will contact the Hills urgently: short-term to get permission
to go ahead with Keith's wood chippings; longer-term to explore grass
reinforcement mesh, additional access point etc..
* Visibility - not going to pursue mirrors. Nick's research showed a
regulatory minefield: planning permission needed on private land; expensive DfT
involvement for mirrors on highway and heavily deprecated even after technical
change in 2016. Mike will talk to the Hills about lowering the hedge.
* Boosting membership
* BMFA Newsletter - John to contact BMFA July for repeat Oct/No
* Visibility on BMFA / GoMembership - Nick had fixed already
* Magazines and adverts - Nick to explore Kentish Gazette Clubs Roundup,
supermarkets, model shops. John to check RCME. Not going to pursue schools
(cost of DBS checks, non-drone recruitment unlikely).
* Helicopters / drones - felt members would agree we're not a helicopter or
drone club and this should be reflected in not accepting new members to fly
them. Probable motion to AGM to put this on a formal basis. [We didn't discuss
exceptions but we'll need to: no-one was gunning for the occasional fixed-wing
fliers' dalliance with drones / looking for fly-aways etc]
* IC - may be revisited at AGM but everyone clear that current policy is
fine with IC and with recruiting new IC fliers as long as not excessively noisy.