[norcal-hug] Re: GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:01:17 -0700

Hi,

FYI, I have posted this announcement to the BeOS and Haiku groups in Orkut. Feel free to post it on other lists that you may know to get the word out.

We really need to create a local distribution list for these annoucements, so I started one on the forums:

http://norcal-hug.org/?q=forum/norcal-hug-meetings/meetings-announcements-distribution-list

If you know of any appropriate distribution channels for announcements, please help expand the distribution list by leaving a comment on the forum.

Cheers,

Koki

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:
Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT: GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day

As some of you may already know, three Haiku mentors from the Google Summer of Code 2007 have been invited to attend the GSoC Mentor Summit to be held on October 6 at the Google Plex in Mountain View. The Haiku developers invited by Google are Stephan "Stippi" Assmus (app server, Haiku icons, etc.), Ryan Leavengood (currently porting the Webkit to Haiku) and Oliver Ruiz Dorantes (working on a Bluetooth stack for Haiku).

NORCAL-HUG wants to give a warm welcome to the Haiku mentors to the San Francisco Bay Area, and we are taking this opportunity to show our appreciation for their work during GSoC 2007 by organizing a "GSoC 2007 Haiku Mentor Appreciation Day" event on Sunday October 7.

This will be an informal gathering with an open agenda, but nevertheless a great opportunity to meet with three high-profile Haiku developers, discuss the present status and future of Haiku, and get to know each other. Some of us will bring our laptops to show off the latest builds of Haiku running our favorite applications too.

*** OVERVIEW ***

* Date: Sunday October 7
* Time: From 13:00 noon to 5:00PM

One correction: the time is *from 1:00OM to 5:00PM*

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Jorge