[nomadbsddevs] Dual display laptop - freeze in display settings

  • From: David Harrison <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nomadbsddevs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 14:06:46 +0000

Hi, I was just testing NomadBSD. All went well until I tried to change the display settings on my old Dell Latitude E6230 (Intel graphics). Both the internal display and external monitor were active by default, and I only want to use the external monitor for now.

Unfortunately the display management utility (XRandr??) froze and I could not exit it, so have had to drop to console to reboot or shutdown.

Any workarounds gratefully received -- particularly if there's a way of pre-setting this preference in some config file on the USB stick before booting to NomadBSD, via a FreeBSD or Linux machine.

Many thanks,

David Harrison