[nnasnet] whimbrel study

  • From: Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nnasnet <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:10:13 -0500

All, this is a link to a fascinating account by Fletcher Smith of CCB (who
has spoken at NNAS meetings) on what it takes physically, logistically and
financially to perform the kind of research they are doing. We've donated
modest amounts to this work but we can and should do more.

http://www.ccbbirds.org/2014/12/17/tracking-shorebird-ends-earth/?utm_content=buffer0527a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tom Saunders
Kilmarnock

p.s. A snowy owl was seen and photographed on the south shore of the
Rappahannock about 8 miles west of Tappahannock Sunday as part of the
Washington's Birthplace Christmas Bird Count. That bird could show up
anywhere, Keep your eyes peeled.