[nnasnet] Re: pine warbler

  • From: Beth Kendrick <bethannkendrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Saunders tom saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:51:42 -0500

A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society---
I too had a pine warbler on my feeder this morning…and took awhile to believe
that was what it was. So I am glad you mentioned your sighting…I haven’t had
one before either. Beth
On Jan 22, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Had two birds this morning that are a little bit out of the ordinary for me:
> a pine warbler and a cowbird. I know cowbirds can be a dime a dozen but I
> rarely get them at the feeder and haven't had any thus far this winter. Frank
> Schaff and I had none all day when we helped with the Washington's Birthplace
> Christmas bird count back in December. Pine warblers aren't all that rare
> either but, again, I hadn't seen any at the house this season. They
> overwinter here in small numbers so seeing one isn't a "sign of Spring". When
> they start singing in March, however, you can be sure that winter is on the
> wane.
>
> Tom Saunders
> Balls Neck

You are subscribed to the NNASnet, a birding hotline
sponsored by the Northern Neck of Virginia Audubon Society.
with "leave" in the subject line (please omit quotation marks).
For other questions or comments about the listserver,
send messages to:  nnasnet-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx