[nnasnet] Re: osprey

  • From: olga speck <olga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audubon birds <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

Female ruby throat humming bird at nectar and at flowers today, on Carters
Creek Irvington. Lots of birds esp cardinals around the creek and pool but not
at feeders even with the fresh seed. A few  Mourning doves on ground but I
suspect that they have sent the family packing as we had dozens of them in
summer. I wonder if many birds died in storm Irene as we have seen so few over
the past month. I don't often report but enjoy reports from near and far. Will
do better!!  Olga