[nnasnet] Various birds

  • From: paula.boundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "NNAS Hotline" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:00:59 -0400

A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society
During this trying week, backyard birding has provided me a lighter note.  On
Tues. evening, around 7pm, off in the distance I heard a Churk-wills-widow.
This morning I looked out at my front garden and there perched a male
ruby-throat hummingbird.  I continue to catch glimpses at pine siskins at nyjer
seed feeder along with goldfinches.  Red-breasted nuthatch appears to nibble at
crushed peanuts.  Saw the towhee and thrasher in the back yard rough.  Also
this morning, a male bluebird perched on my lamppost in the light fog.  Many
usual birds continue to visit and sing to celebrate spring.  Regards, Paula at
#18 King Carter GC
"Value the land for the life it harbors"  Sarah Stein

You are subscribed to the NNASnet, a birding hotline
sponsored by the Northern Neck of Virginia Audubon Society.
with "leave" in the subject line (please omit quotation marks).
For other questions or comments about the listserver,
send messages to:  nnasnet-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx