[nnasnet] Sat, 9/7, Elmington Bird Walk

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 08:29:26 -0400

We have been invited to join the Middle Peninsula Bird Club on a very special
walk around the pond at historical Elmington near Gloucester Court House.  The
walk is this Saturday, Sept 7, at 8 am.  (The gate will be open at 7:30 am.  Be
prepared to give your name.)
  Please register by Thursday with Felicity Rask at jericson7@xxxxxxx  if you
have not already done so or have not received an email confirmation. From the
Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula:Use Rt 3 to cross the Piankatank River. R
onto 198 L onto Rt 3Right onto 14 towards Gloucester.Almost immediately you
will see, on the RIGHT, a large VDot sign for Gloucester, Shackleford, West
Point.Just beyond this is the first LEFT crossover for Toddsbury Lane.Second
LEFT crossover is Exchange Lane.Third blue road sign on the left is Elmington
Lane (no crossover). CROSSOVER IS A FEW YARDS BEYOND. Turn left onto this and
make a U turn back onto 14. Almost immediately turn RIGHT onto Elmington Lane.
Enjoy the 9/10 mile of Elmington farm lane up to the green barn on the
right.There is no running water in the barn but we will have a portable potty
in a private corner in a back room!It is always fun if everyone brings some
finger food that we can share after the walk – nothing fancy. Be sure and bring
your own bottle of drinking water for the walk. Please feel free to contact me
if you are unsure about these directions or have other questions.Felicity Rask
EricsonH 804 693 7140Cell on the day 804 815 1718