[nnasnet] Osprey near Urbanna

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 23:18:40 -0400

Yesterday, March 12, I heard my first osprey and today I saw one over my cove
(Heath's Cove) which is off Robinson's Creek, just upriver from Urbanna.  Last
year they were early (2/27/13), but other years it has been between the 12th
and 14th of March....so they are right on time for here.Besides the buffleheads
in my cove, there has been a flock of about 16 lesser scaups in my cove.Maggie
Gerdts