[nnasnet] NNAS Bluebird Box Project

  • From: "Jessica and Paul Servis" <jpsps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NNAS" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 10:38:26 -0500

NORTHERN NECK AUDUBON SOCIETY

BLUEBIRD NESTING BOX BULDING REPORT FOR 2011

          To all bluebird box builders

This year in mid November, we completed our 32nd year of bluebird nesting box
building.  Since the project started in 1980 we have now built more than 28,750
boxes.

This year a crew of 25 workers, including five first timers, worked about 85
workdays to build 548 boxes.

This project required:

          Cutting about 2,100 feet of lumber into 3,836 pieces

          Drilling 6,028 holes

          Branding 548  "A"s.

          Driving about 13,700 nails

          Folding 1,096 sheets of paper and inserting a nail

                   And that does not include moving the equipment to Al
Pollard's shop, moving the boxes to The Kilmarnock Planning Mill warehouse and
moving the equipment back to storage.

The whole project was a lot of fun for all who participated and we look forward
to seeing everybody, plus some new people, next year.

Thanks for all of your help.

Ron Feldman and Fred Witschey