[nnasnet] Fw: Audubon Club's Birdwalk of Sat. 1/28/12 report

  • From: "Vic Stover" <smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:56:24 -0500

Enjoy the bird walk from Saturday!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: Maryalyce and Lance
To: Reta Stover
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:13 PM
Subject: Audubon Club's Birdwalk of Sat. 1/28/12 report

Hi Reta,
     Frank Schaff led members of our Audubon Club on a delightful walk at Belle
Isle State Park yesterday.  The weather was beautiful, sunny and not a bit of
wind so our count was nice and high for this time of year.  We totaled 32
species as follows:
     American Crow, Northern Flicker, Pileated Woodpecker, Red-bellied
Woodpecker, Northern Cardinal, Red-shouldered Hawk, Eastern Bluebird, Northern
Mockingbird, Song Sparrow, Mourning Dove, Carolina Wren, Hermit Thrush, Bald
Eagle, Canada Goose, Great Blue Heron, Tundra Swan, White-throated Sparrow,
Swamp Sparrow, Tufted Titmouse, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Hooded Merganser, Blue
Jay, Ring-billed Gull, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead, Ruddy Duck, Horned Grebe,
Turkey Vulture, Horned Lark, Field Sparrow, American Robin and a real special
treat, an American Pipit.
     I am looking forward to our February birdwalk already.  I’m sure the nice
weather yesterday spoiled us.

                   Happy birding,

                   Maryalyce J. Johnsen