[nnasnet] Re: Feeders

  • From: Nomini3@xxxxxxx
  • To: nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 18:39:19 -0500 (EST)

How surprised I was to see not only the regular feeder birds early  this
afternoon but a small flock of cedar waxwings checking out the red mulberry
trees. I hope they return when they have fruit!  And interesting to me to
note that a dead red winged blackbird that I discovered on the ground near my
neighbor's window had 4 engorged ticks on its head. (Under its eye, and
along the beak on both sides.) I have never seen this before and am wondering
if  this is more common than I realized?  Has anyone ever seen a bird with
ticks on it? I wonder if it was killed by the ticks or crashing into their
window.

Pat
Nomini Bay Farms
Montross

In a message dated 3/3/2012 5:12:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Great day for the feeders!!! !5 goldfinches, 10  Cardenals, 6 mourning
doves, Lots of chicadees and Titmice, Two red  winged Black Birds, 5 crows, two
juncos, Enjoy your birds and share them with  us!!! Reta