[nnasnet] Crosshills and Balls Neck

  • From: Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 17:31:06 -0400

I walked a quarter mile transect of the Mt. Olive Road/Crosshills/Balls Neck
area this morning from 8 until nearly 10. The wind was too strong for
optimum birding but this is the heart of migration and birds are on the
move. Highlights were ten species of warbler - prairie, northern parula,
hooded (at least five birds in the area), myrtle, worm eating,
black-throated blue, black and white, common yellowthroat, northern
waterthrush and ovenbird. I also had my first of season wood thrush and
Acadian flycatcher. Thirty-three species altogether, but still no tanagers
or grosbeaks.

Tom Saunders
Balls Neck