[nnasnet] Re: Buffleheads

  • From: Beth Kendrick <bethannkendrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerdts Maggie <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 08:48:18 -0500

I have my hoodies back. Have seen up to 10 but this morning just one loan male
steaming down the creek. We are at the very end of Dymer so don’t get a lot of
the ducks, mostly all the mergansers and sometimes some scaups. Beth
On Dec 3, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday I saw 6 buffleheads in Urbanna Creek. 2 males and 4 females.
I haven't seen any in my cove or in Robinson's Creek yet.

Anyone else seeing any buffleheads or hooded mergansers?

Last Sunday, I was at Hill and Alice Wellford's beautiful farm that is in a
conservation easement directly across from Fones Cliffs. Hill took me on a
tour of their fields, marshes, creeks and Rappahannock riverfront. We say
about 10 - 11 bald eagles and 6-8 nests, maybe a hundred Tundra swans,
hundreds of mallards, lots of Canada geese, and 2 loons. Plus a Cooper's
Hawk was diving at 2 decoy doves on a power line where a hunter was hoping
for some live doves.
Maggie Gerdts
Watershed address: Heath's Cove>Robinson's Creek>Rappahannock
River>Chesapeake Bay>Hampton Roads>Atlantic Ocean
(Copying Katharina Bergdoll )