[nnasnet] Bluebird Trail Monitoring for KCGC/HQ By NNAS

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 17:08:26 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road. HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course. NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

Did you notice that the groundhog was wrong, this year? We had EIGHT MORE
weeks of winter! And the bluebirds are off to a slow start. However, we
were heartened by the activity and we are certain that the pace will pick
up.

We had 4 partial nests. Seven complete nests, two of which were
chickadee's. And one (bluebird) nest had 1 egg! Whooooee! We are off and
running for 2015.........Tom

--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105