[nnasnet] Application for 220' pier at Fones Cliffs

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, VA Master Naturalist Northern Neck Chapter <nnmnemail@xxxxxxxxx>, Katherine Paris <bayfishers3@xxxxxxx>, <candie.delnore@xxxxxxx>, <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <catbird329@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:46:24 -0400

PLEASE send a letter to the Marine Resources Commission re the application for
this very large pier.  We need as many individual communications going out to
the Virginia Marine Resources Commission as possible to try to stop this
development in such a critical habitat area. The basic information is below.

The Virginia Marine Resources Commission posted a notice of an application in
an insert in the May 15th Northern Neck News extra.  This extremely large pier
is to be constructed as part of a development plan for Fone's Cliffs in
Richmond County.  This area is home to one of the highest eagle concentrations
in the country not to mention pristine habitat for birds, other wildlife, and
native plants.

.