[nnasnet] Annual Picnic

  • From: Leslie <leslie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:33:49 -0400

Northern Neck Audubon Hosts Annual Picnic and Bird Walk

September 10 at Belle Isle State Park, 5:00-8:00 p.m.

The Northern Neck Chapter of the National Audubon Society invites members and the general public to our annual picnic and bird walk at Belle Isle on September 10. The entrance fee will be waived for picnic and walk attendees.

We will meet at picnic shelter #3, which is past the Visitor’s Center.

The picnic will begin at 5:00 PM. Please bring a salad, main dish, or dessert to share. The chapter will provide beverages and picnic ware.

The picnic will be followed by a bird walk at 6:00 PM for members and the general public. Led by Audubon members, this is the first bird walk of our program year and our only evening walk. It is an opportunity to experience the park as the sun sets and the birds are settling in for the night. In the past over 30 species of birds have been seen or heard, including many illusive water birds. It is an easy walk on flat trails. We hope you will join us for this popular event.

Loaner binoculars will be available for any that need them.

*To Get to Belle Isle SP:*

/From Warsaw /take Route 3 East to 354.Turn right and go 3 miles.Turn right onto SR 683 at Somers to the park entrance.

/From Kilmarnock /take Route 3 West to Lively, then turn left on SR 201 for 3 miles.Turn right onto SR 354 for 3 miles, then turn left onto 683 to the park entrance.

For more information check the NNAS website at

www.northernneckaudubon.org, or call Melissa Gross 301-980-2721 or Nancy Garvey 804-436-8401