[nhab-tech] geocaching events

  • From: "Dana" <danatrahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nhab-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "DogGuideUsersNH List" <DogGuideUsersNH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:09:36 -0400

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to go geocaching? Or, maybe you are
looking for something fun to do with family/friends? Perhaps you are
already a geocaching expert in search of that next event? Our event will
offer something enjoyable and unique for all.

The White Cane and Dog Guide Safety Awareness Committee of New Hampshire is
committed to bringing forward what it means to the independence of persons
who are blind and visually impaired using the white cane and dog guide in
every aspect of life. Promoting awareness in the community strengthens
accurate perceptions resulting in positive experiences for all.

So how do these concepts fit? Our upcoming Cache-Abilities event! It is
open to anyone interested. There will be people available to assist those
with vision loss, among all of the participants. Whether you want to join
in the event for a morning outdoors, or you are determined to be the first
to find your cache, this will be a great time!

Please be encouraged to share our event with others as well.

See you Saturday…October 3!

Stratham Hill Park

In Stratham on Portsmouth Ave

N 43° 02.475 W 070° 53.605

http://coord.info/GC62HMX

Geocaching information class at 9:00

Geocaching Adventure at 10:00

What to Bring:

* Comfortable Shoes

* GPS or Cell phone if you have one

* Eye Protection in case you want to venture into the woods

* Sunscreen and Bug Spray

* Water/snacks

If you are unable to secure a ride for either of the geocaching events next
month, here is the contact info for a Lion that will help you connect with a
Lion in your area. Try your best to find a ride, but do reach out to her
with enough time notice if you do not find a ride on your own. The White
Cane and Dog Guide Safety Awareness committee is hoping that Lions across
the state will assist with transportation needed by individuals that are
blind or visually impaired. No guarantees, but worth a try !

Sandra

axstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:axstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>

424-8922 5am-8pm

If you use Facebook, follow this link to find the event and invite others to
join us.

https://m.facebook.com/events/1662804757339500?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A1%2C%
22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D
<https://m.facebook.com/events/1662804757339500?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A1%2C
%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&_rdr> &_rdr

Love and Prayers,
Dana, Brady, Lydia

and even my guide Brody

28 Wayland Circle, Exeter, NH 03833-4144
603-580-5096 (9am-9pm) (home)
603-365-5242 (anytime) (cell)

<mailto:danatrahan@xxxxxxxxxxx> danatrahan@xxxxxxxxxxx

find me on Facebook as Dana Skreslet Trahan

<https://www.facebook.com/dana.trahan.7>
https://www.facebook.com/dana.trahan.7

:)