[nhab-tech] December: Concord ETT tech notes

  • From: "Marie" <jomar2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nhab-tech" <nhab-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:06:37 -0500

Hi folks,
Hope your holiday was a wonderful one and that the New Year will bring all
good things to you and yours.

Below are the notes for December. If you see, or hear, something that is
amis, please don't hesitate to notify me and I will make the proper
corrections.

The next tech group will be this coming Friday, barring all bad weather that
is! Hope to see you all there.

* Don't forget to bring in any new  show and tell pieces, if any..

* non-gooey goodies..

* and your best tips, tricks and solutions!!..

See you then.   Marie and Nancy

Louie showed the book port

32 gb hard drive, sd flash drive

cost approx. $229

very thin mother board so don't drop it! comes with carrying case and cable.

David showed the Roxio vhs to dvd recorder to back up tapes or put them on
youtube

cost approx. $49

* I passed on all of the instructional notes that David had sent me, to the
nhab-tech list a while ago

Jodi has a surround sound system to give away, will bring it in next time.

Jodi's personal website is; NHPCHELP.com

He also has computers to give away, so contact him

* they are all desktops

call; 460jody

Ray showed a portable charger called Halo, used  for a cell phone

should be good for several hours.

cost approx. $50 a set of 2 can be bought from

QVC if interested.

Amazon has them for 10 dollars.

Tony talked about the Nuance reader for pdf's

We talked of other pdf readers, Kurzweil, Open Book and discussed some
things about MS Office.

You can download an app called xfinity y5, for both I products and droids
that will let you connect to over 5000 hotspots nationwide.

look for xfinity y5 in your y5 list. It will show you all the available
hotspots.

You must have comcast to connect to the internet.

Another is the new xfinity remote for the tv which will be out soon.