[newts] work party

  • From: bill way <lbway321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: newts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 20:27:49 -0700

Bill and Ed met with Carmen at the Forest Service office in Kettle Falls
and thought it went very well.

Volunteer Agreement: Carmen will write up a volunteer agreement for Ed to
sign. All members will be listed as potential volunteers. We will record
hours worked for each.

Injury Protocol: We need some volunteers from the group to write a plan
for how we will deal with injuries. What we would do on site and how to
extricate the injured person. We will need someone who can give First Aid
and CPR at work events. Contact Janice Berube or send info to all if you
have some medical background and would like to help.

Safety Procedures Hard hats, eye protection, gloves, long sleeve shirts,
long pants and boots have to be worn while working on the trail. Also safe
working procedures.

Chain Saw Certification We could "log out" trails if we had people who
were chain saw certified by the Forest Service. If you are experienced
with using a chain saw and would like to be certified we can arrange a
day. Contact Ed Kowitz.

We are hoping to have this all worked out by early June. The FS will send
a person with us for expertise for working on trails. They have some
tools. We have tentatively set June 10 (Wednesday) and June 13 (Saturday)
for work days for Taylor Ridge near Boulder Pass. Choose a day and contact
Bill Way to volunteer. Meet at 10 am work 2 hours. Have lunch. Work a
couple hours then party/picnic.

We also need some folks to work on the party for after the trail work.

We will send more info as we get it.