[newts] trails and fires

  • From: bill way <lbway321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: newts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:32:21 -0700

I biked up to the sections of Taylor Ridge that were repaired by two
different Trailblazer work parties last summer. There was no sign of fire
damage on or near the trail. It looked good where we had worked and was
fair, but in need of some work further down. I didn't get quite to Bulldog
Cabin road. It looked like that part was open and unburned. I think it is
closed above the road.

Hiked in on Hoodoo Canyon trail where another group worked and it was also
good. Saw two hikers there who later joined the Trailblazers and may be at
the next meeting.

You can view a map of closed areas at:

www.fs.usda.gov/.../*colville*/alert.

ski swap Saturday

Bill

I sent this last night, but it was too big with the picture of the trail.