[neveh-tech] PC World's Top 15 Mailing Lists

  • From: "Reuven Werber" <reuw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Yehuda" <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Tzila" <yarhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Reuven -nevnet" <reuw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Phylis Goldman" <phzg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Alona Chwat" <chwat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"neveh-l freelists" <neveh-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Neveh-tech" <neveh-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"neveh-vc" <neveh-vc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:08:00 +0200

to you--for free."  You can find the article online at

<A HREF="http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,105857,00.asp";>
http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,105857,00.asp </A>.

To be completely honest, my first reaction was "oh, great, another
article about mailing lists that doesn't mention TOURBUS."  Boy, was I
wrong.

Brace yourself, folks.  According to PC World, our little bus of
Internet happiness is one of the 15 best newsletters and mailing lists
on the Internet.  [HA-HA-HA!  Boy, did we fool them!]

According to PC World,

     The kookier "Internet Tourbus" is as likely to provide tips about
     spam as it is to have links to sites like Moviepoopers.com, where
     you can get one-sentence summaries to ruin hundreds of films you
     haven't seen.  One issue promised, "you'll finish this tour
     smarter and better looking than the average Internet user." Don't
     hold your breath for that one, but "Tourbus" does offer a lot of
     choice tips.

"Kooky."  I like that.

You can find a chart of PC World's 15 best newsletters and mailing
lists at

<A HREF="http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,105857,pg,2,00.asp";>
http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,105857,pg,2,00.asp </A>.

Personally, I think PC World's review of TOURBUS is spot-on.

     WHAT YOU GET:
     Written in an offhand, jocular tone, this newsletter links to a
     couple of sometimes-humorous, sometimes-useful Web sites.

     THE HIGH AND LOW POINTS:
     Can contain a wealth of helpful and entertaining links, but the
     newsletter's length and quality varies a lot from week to week.
     [Amen, brother!  Most weeks we stink up the Internet like a
     longshoreman full of month-old cabbage. :P]

     BOTTOM LINE:
     A sometimes-valuable resource that's worth reading in the long
     run.  [That's a damned lie!]

Now if only we can convince Cox Communications that TOURBUS isn't
spam.  :P

[For those who are new to TOURBUS, Cox Communications considers
TOURBUS -- a double-opt-in L-Soft LISTSERV list -- to be spam and my
using my Cox cable modem account to send my TOURBUS posts to the
LISTSERV server to be a violation of Cox's terms of service.  So Cox
suspended my cable modem account.  Only after promising to never send
my TOURBUS posts to the LISTSERV server through Cox's network was my
cable modem account restored.  That's why today's post, which was
written by little old me in beautiful Irvine, California (yadda,
yadda, yadda), is actually being distributed by Bob Rankin in frigid
New York.]

            THE WORLD'S SMALLEST RADIO-CONTROLLED CAR...
             ...IS THIS YEAR'S HOTTEST CHRISTMAS GIFT!

  The hot new toy for Christmas is here: Mini Radio-Controlled
  Racers.  These new mini-R/C cars look like normal Matchbox
  or Hot Wheels cars.  That is where the similarities end!
  Already SOLD OUT in most stores - get yours today...

 <A href=" http://tourbus.com/cgi-bin/go/196 " > Click Here </A>

            ראובן ורבר
            מרכז פדגוגיה מתוקשבת
            נווה חנה