[networkku] Ahoy!

  • From: "Don Wallace" <DonWallace3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:36:00 -0500

Hello folks!
Is everyone having a good time?

I am still enjoying WoW a lot. Exon is 49 with 50 in the gun sites. Hornem is
44? 45? LOL I dont remember.

Exon dropped Keepers of the Grave guild and has already been picked up by
another guild. We will see how it goes. Keepers is going no where.

I got in a great group in WoW today, a level 50 elite zone called Mauradon. Its
a loot zone instance with bosses that drop good stuff. Not a quest zone.  It
was fun fun fun. Had a level 57 Priest to heal and all went well. Most of my
previous pickup group and elite zone experiences have not been very fun, but
this was very different. After we were done the Priest liked me and got me in
their guild. If I like it I will try to get more of the gang in over time.

I am beginning to feel a little tingle of nostalgia for EQ. Who knows. If in
fact I get to 60 in WoW and they have no end game except pvp, then I might do
the Tazz thing and split time between games.

I have done a little pvp, and it can be exciting, but still seems such a waste
of time. The new honor system is flawed, if your kill rate slacks you fall
behind and lose your rankings. Also, there is nothing to stop 2 boxers from
running a toon on both factions and ranking up serious kills on both toons.
Losses dont count against you. Be a grand marshal in a week with no real risk.
It will happen.

Exon at 48 dueled a 47 Paladin. Exon did not stand a chance. Pally healed him
self over and over. I drank my heal potion, and it was all over. If there is no
reasonable class balance then pvp, again, in my opinion is flawed. If I dueled
this guy 10 more times I might figure out how to win, but again, whats the
point?

Hope ya all are having a good time in real and virtual life. Take care!

Glean-Exon

Don Wallace
donwallace3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1502 Glenshire Drive