[netmagis] Netmagis 2.2 code freeze

  • From: Pierre DAVID <pdagog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: netmagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 17:26:06 +0200

Hello,

the long-awaited 2.2 release of Netmagis is approaching the launch pad.
We are now freezing the code, proceeding to final tests and documentation.

This release includes a number of enhancements and, in particular, the
highly requested feature "BIND multi-views" which implies some major
changes in database schema.

In order to provide graceful upgrade scripts, we are solliciting you:

- if you can and have the 2.1.* Netmagis version, install the current
    code (https://github.com/pdav/netmagis) in some temporary directory
    (modules netmagis-common and netmagis-database only),  make a copy
    of your database and run the upgrade script (found in
        temporary directory/share/examples/upgrade/21-22/upgrade.sql)
    on your *copy* database.

    If you encounter any error, please report them to us (with a
    "pg_dump --schema-only" output, Netmagis version and PostgreSQL
    version).

- if you cannot simulate the upgrade procedure yourself, please send
    us:
        - "pg_dump --schema-only" output for your running database
        - OS version
        - PostgreSQL version
        - Netmagis current version
        - Netmagis initial version (the WebDNS or Netmagis version
            you initially installed from)

Thanks for your help in providing a graceful upgrade path for all users,

Pierre & Jean