[netmagis] HTTP Authentication

  • From: Arnaud HOUDELETTE <arnaud.houdelette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: netmagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 16:48:09 +0200

Hello.

We (ComUE Normandie-Université) use Netmagis 2.2.0 with Shibboleth authentication.

Netmagis is configured to use 'LDAP auth'... but apache is configured to do shibboleth auth instead of ldap, which enable us to authenticate users, even if we do not have their passwords in our ldap (a meta-directory, aggregate of our members ldaps ). This setup works currently well, but on an out of date system.

I'm currently looking to update the system and Netmagis to 2.3.X, but changelog shows :

- Netmagis is no longer based on Apache authentication.

Thus : We won't be able to use our previous setup anymore. Could shibboleth auth (or a more generic 'HTTP Headers' auth) could be feasible ?

Thanks

--

Arnaud HOUDELETTE
Administrateur systèmes et réseaux informatiques