k12> [LPP] March Newsletter - Spring Time

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:00:00 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 04:17:07 -0600
From: "Kyle Yamnitz" <Webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Gleason sackmann" <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LPP] March Newsletter - Spring Time

Greetings, this newsletter is to keep you notified of events and additions to
The Lesson Plans Page - http://www.LessonPlansPage.com

LessonPlansPage.com Newsletter - Volume 10, Number 3
March 15, 2004

This Issue Contains:
--New Lesson Plans--
--Spring Lesson Plans--
--Upcoming April Holiday Lessons--
--Sites For Teachers--
--Featured Lesson Plan--
--Featured Educational Link--
--Coming Soon--

--New Lesson Plans--
This month we have added 30 new lesson plans to the site.  You'll find some
really great additions this month, particularly in math.  You can find all the
newest lessons right here:
http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/MRA.htm
We have a lot of highlights this month that include:
Math - Prime and composite numbers, area and perimeter, graphing, inverse
functions, multiplying polynomials and parallel lines cut by a transversal
(whew!)
Language Arts - Sentences, paragraphs, cover letters, vocabulary, poetry, and
the Great Gatsby
Art - Weaving and collage
Social Studies - Two lessons on the American Revolution and one on suburban,
urban, and rural communities
Science - A biodiversity preservation project and pollution and liquids that
mix/don't mix with water

--Spring Lesson Plans--
It's that time of year!  We have a lot of spring lesson plans, but no special
page for them.  However, you can use our search feature to find lessons on
spring.  I've done half the work for you.  Just click on the following link to
automatically search for "spring!"
http://tinyurl.com/2wr49

--Upcoming April Holiday Lessons--
Here are some quick links to the pages we have for April holidays:
Easter (April 11th):
http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/Easter.htm
Earth Day (April 22nd):
http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/EarthDay.htm
National Arbor Day (April 30th - state Arbor Days are on various dates):
http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/ArborDay.htm
In case you missed last month's newsletter, our St. Patrick's Day lessons are
located here (March 17th):
http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/StPatricksDay.htm

--Sites For Teachers--
Visit other great sites for teachers and spread the word about
LessonPlansPage.com at the same time simply by clicking the link below:
http://tinyurl.com/cced
You can find another collection of great teacher sites here:
http://tinyurl.com/ccef
Please consider visiting these sites each day you visit our site.  Voting for
us
helps other teachers to find out about our site!  The more you vote, the more
likely other teachers are to find out about LessonPlansPage.com!

--Featured Lesson Plan--
This month I'm featuring our new "Biodiversity Preservation Project" lesson.
Spring seems an appropriate time to pay attention to the environment, and this
is a good lesson that encourages students to educate themselves about an
environmental issue that concerns them.  Take a look at the lesson here:
http://tinyurl.com/35ubp

--Featured Educational Link--
This month's featured educational link is a great teaching resource for current

events.  The site has up-to-date activities on events that have just
happened.
For example, you can already find activities focusing on the presidential
election attack ads that just started running.  Here's a link to Teachable
Moment:
http://www.TeachableMoment.org/

--Coming Soon--
I expect to have even more new lesson plans for you next month!

--That's All For Now!--
Thanks for being a part of The Lesson Plans Page!  You will receive another
message next time we make a major update or have other news to share.  Take
care,
         --Kyle Yamnitz
           The Lesson Plans Page:
                 http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/

YOUR COMPANY OR PRODUCT BELONGS HERE
If you are interested in advertising please contact Gleason Sackmann.
He helps educators make the most efficient use of your resources
and also gains attention for your products or services
Send your Ad, Announcement, Newsletter now.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

VENDORS REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET
FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
Find PREMIUM & FEATURED MERCHANT LISTING ALSO
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/PS/Home_Products.html

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html