RESOUR> Individual memories of space travel

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:36:50 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

Newsgroups:
misc.education.science,misc.education.home-school.misc,soc.history.science,soc.culture.scientists,soc.veterans
Subject: Resource:  Individual memories of space travel
Date: 5 Mar 2003 11:47:19 -0800

Make your mark in recording the history of space travel!  Read the
thoughts of others!  Contribute and read your memories, thoughts, and
observations at http://echo.gmu.edu/memory.

ECHO, an academic project dedicated to archiving the history of
science, actively seeks personal stories and other materials
related to both the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster and the first
Moonwalk.  We are collecting the ideas, memories, and emotional
observations of scientists.  We also accept photgraphs, audio
recordings, moving images, and any other media that can be
stored digitally.

By filling out our survey or emailing us your thoughts, stories, or
other materials, you will make an indelible contribution to the
recorded history of space travel -- a contribution that will benefit
future generations of scientists, historians, and other researchers.

You may opt to have your observations posted on the Web either
with with your name or anonymously.  You may also request that
your survey response not be posted on the Web.  All responses
will be permanently archived and made available to historians and
researchers.

DIALECT SPEAKERS AND LINGUISTICS
Find Resources for African American Black Vernacular,
Creole, Patois, A pidgin is a new language which develops
in situations where speakers of different languages need to
communicate but don't share a common language.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Linguistics/Home_Linguistics.html>

Projects: http://echo.gmu.edu/moonwalk
http://echo.gmu.edu/shuttle
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note: The ECHO project is a part of George Mason University's Center
for History and New Media.  We are an  academic venture devoted to
collecting and archiving personal stories for the historic record. The ECHO
Project served as the basis for The September 11 Digital Archive
(http://911digitalarchive.org).

We have no financial motivation in this project, nor do we share
your email address with anyone without asking, and receiving,
your explicit permission. Please visit our policy page for further
information: http://echo.gmu.edu/about/policies.html.