K12> [WWWEDU] ::> Opportunity for US High Schools - Join the Tajikistan-US School Connectivity Program

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:05:04 -0500

Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.

To: "WWWEDU" <wwwedu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yvonne Marie Andres" <yvonne@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:06:48 -0700
Subject: [WWWEDU] ::> Opportunity for US High Schools - Join the Tajikistan-US
School Connectivity Program

*Please help get the word out. The following announcement is an opportunity
for US high schools.

Bring the World into Your Classroom!
Join the Tajikistan-US School Connectivity Program

Relief International- Schools Online is running an exciting connectivity
project with high schools in Tajikistan.  During the upcoming school year
these schools will be paired with high schools in the United States for
school-to-school partnerships.  Throughout the year  partners will
collaborate via information and communication technology  to evaluate,
research, discuss and report on designated issues related to global civic
education. Methods of collaboration include live web-based chats, e-mail
exchange, online newsletters, and message boards.

   Early in the fall, Tajik teachers will visit US counterpart schools as
part of a teacher exchange.   Directly following the visit, six US teachers
will be chosen for a three week exchange to Tajikistan.

   The goal of the program is to facilitate virtual school-to-school projects
as a means of building international relationships and deepening the
cross-cultural exchange for students and of sharing education methodologies
for teachers.  We are looking for passionate, involved educators who want to
explore the world with their students!

If you are interested in learning more about this project, please see our
website at: http://www.connect-tajikistan.org    or contact our US office at
650-486-2456
Email:  caitlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Global SchoolNet Foundation, San Diego, California
Phone: (760) 635-0001 Fax: (760)635-0003

www.globalschoolnet.org
       Collaborate, communicate & celebrate learning!

Thank YOU for Supporting GlobalSchoolNet.org? Please Donate NOW!
Our nonprofit needs your support to continue being a much-needed resource
for online educators. Even a $20 tax-deductible contribution allows us to
keep the website running and to provide our free projects, newsletters and
support services. Try the "Donate Now" button on our homepage or visit:
http://www.globalschoolnet.org/membership/members/login/contribute.cfm

WWWEDU, The Web and Education Discussion Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwwedu
http://www.edwebproject.org/wwwedu.html

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE