K12> Re: request for good science websites - 3 msgs

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:30:00 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround
Date:         Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:04:49 -0500
From: EDTECH Editor-Eiffert <edadmin5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Re: request for good science websites
To: EDTECH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Jeri Kitner <jlkitner@xxxxxxxxx>

A great website for science is www.tryscience.org. We
use it at my school and the kids love it. It has
experiments, games, live web cameras and interactive
experiments for the kids to use.

Jeri Kitner
Teacher Technologist
Walnut Hill Elementary
Dallas, Tx.

-----
From: MMossman <mmossman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Check out the science sites on my web page -
http://www.hillelday.org/science2.html

Or my teacher page science stuff -
http://www.hillelday.org/macul/teacher/teacher.html#Science

Marilyn Mossman
CoDirector of Technology, General Studies
Hillel Day School
Farmington Hills, MI  48334
mmossman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----
From: Aileen Monaghan <Garciatiedyed@xxxxxxx>

Hi Susie,
I teach kindergarten, first, and second grade science so I have useful websites

for younger grades. Here are some of them.   I hope they come in handy.

The five websites I have listed below are very useful to enhance a science
curriculum.

http://www.askbasil.com/
Ask Basil is a wonderful website that provides websites and documents on
animals. My students love to navigate this site.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/categories/science/
This website is one of my favorites. The science category is broken down by
grades and themes. There are printable pages available and the information
provided is in depth. This site offers information for all subject areas.

http://atozteacherstuff.com/Lesson_Plans/Science/index.shtml
This website offers an immense amount of information and resources for
science. Poems, songs, lessons, and craft ideas incorporating science are
available.
Very cute site. This site offers informaton for all subject areas.

http://www.stratford.library.on.ca/kids/subjects/science/experiments.htm
This site provides ideas for science experiments. This comes in handy during
the time of the science fair. There's a household experiment section that
gives fun and safe chemistry experiments using everyday household materials and
kitchen ingredients that students can carry out at home with their parents.

http://kids.discovery.com/
Discovery kids is another wonderful site. The students can browse by subject
area and under science they can search animals, dinosaurs, space, and earth.
My students enjoy the dinosaur section the best because there are fun learning
games for them and they can go back in time. There's also a section to punch
in your zip code to see what dinosaurs once roamed in your backyard.

Aileen Monaghan K-2 Science Cluster
PS112 Science Cluster District 20, Region 7
garciatiedyed@xxxxxxx

---
Edtech Archives, posting guidelines and other information are at:
http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~edweb
Please include your name, email address, and school or professional
affiliation in each posting.

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

VENDORS REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET
FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
Find PREMIUM & FEATURED MERCHANT LISTING ALSO
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/PS/Home_Products.html

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html