[net-gold] TRANSPORTATION AIR AIRLINE AIRPLANE AVIATION : DISCRIMINATION : DISABILITIES : LAW CASES : PSYCHOLOGY: DISORDERS: AUTISM : BUSINESS: COMPANIES: NAMED COMPANIES: UNITED AIR LINES: Pilot Makes Emergency Stop and Kicks Teen with Autism off Plane Because He 'Felt Uncomfortable'

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold on IO Groups list <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Wiggio.com" <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 06:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

.

TRANSPORTATION AIR AIRLINE AIRPLANE AVIATION :

DISCRIMINATION :

DISABILITIES :

LAW: CASES:

PSYCHOLOGY: DISORDERS: AUTISM :

BUSINESS: COMPANIES: NAMED COMPANIES: UNITED AIR LINES:

Pilot Makes Emergency Stop and Kicks Teen with Autism off Plane Because He 'Felt Uncomfortable'

.

.

Pilot Makes Emergency Stop and Kicks Teen with Autism off Plane
Because He 'Felt Uncomfortable'

Jessica Ware

The Independent

May 11, 2015, 12.22 PM IST

Times of India

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/
Pilot-makes-emergency-stop-and-kicks-teen-with-autism-
off-plane-because-he-felt-uncomfortable/articleshow/47230508.cms

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/qheq75f

.

.

A US couple and their teenage daughter with autism were told to get off an airplane after the pilot said the girl was making him "feel uncomfortable" and made an emergency stop.

Donna Beegle was travelling with her 15-year-old daughter Juliette Forbes from Houston to Portland when the United Airlines pilot landed the plane at Salt Lake City and had the family escorted out, KOIN reported.

Ms Forbes has trouble expressing herself and Ms Beegle realised that she had not eaten in some time. Her daughter was calm but she knew there was a risk of her getting upset and so asked the cabin crew if there was a hot meal she could buy.

.

snip

.

It was when Ms Beegle explained that if her daughter did not get a hot meal she might "get to the melting point" and maybe scratch someone, that she received a dinner tray, ate and remained calm.

.

snip

.

Around half an hour later Ms Forbes was watching television when the pilot announced they were making an emergency stop in Salt Lake City, Utah, because of a passenger "at the back of the plane who has behaviour issues."

.

Police and paramedics came on board when the plane had landed to tell the family they had to leave and that the pilot had said he did not feel comfortable flying with her there.

.

Ms Beegle said she stood up and asked passengers if anyone had a problem with her daughter. "The people were like 'no, leave her alone'" she told KOIN.

.

.

Family With Autistic Daughter Forced Off Flight

Donna Beegle says a United Airlines plane made an emergency landing as the pilot was not "comfortable" with her daughter on board.

10:10, UK, Monday 11 May 2015

Sky News

http://news.sky.com/story/1481707/ family-with-autistic-daughter-forced-off-flight

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/nofupur

.

.

A family has claimed they were forced to get off a United Airlines flight after it made an emergency landing in Utah because the airline said their autistic daughter was being "disruptive".

.

snip

.

She said Juliette would not eat snacks they had brought with them for the journey and that she needed food quickly to avoid her having a "meltdown".

.

Dr Beegle said: "We were shocked to hear them say we're going to make an emergency landing in Salt Lake City. We have a passenger in the back of the plane who has behaviour issues.

.

"I asked them why and they said 'the captain doesn't feel comfortable flying to Portland with your daughter on the flight'."

.

Writing on her Facebook page, Dr Beegle said: "Juliette ate and was watching Pocahontas when we heard the flight attendant say 'we will be making an unexpected landing in Salt Lake due to a passenger in the back having issues'.

.

"As [a] mom I could not stand the way Juliette was being treated.

.

"This was a sheer case of ignorance. Prejudice, ignorance and mistreatment are all too common toward people facing poverty."

.

Footage of the moment the family were removed from the flight has been posted online. In it, passengers can be heard calling for the family to be allowed to remain on board.

.

United Airlines has issued a statement.

.

It read: "After working to accommodate Dr Beegle and her daughter during the flight, the crew made the best decision for the safety and comfort of all of our customers and elected to divert to Salt Lake City after the situation became disruptive.

.

"We rebooked the customers on a different carrier and the flight continued to Portland."

.

The family has filed a complaint with the Federal Aviation Administration and plans to file a lawsuit against the airline.

.

.

The complete articles may be read at the URLs provided for each.

.

.

Google Domain Limited Web Search of Beagle and United Airlines

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=%22united+
airlines%22+AND+beagle+AND+autism+AND+SITE:+blogs

OR

http://tinyurl.com/nadzagk

.

.

WEBBIB1415

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@xxxxxxxxxx
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

Research Guides

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)
http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

RailTram Discussion Group
From the Union Pacific to BritRail and Beyond
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/railtram/info

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.