[net-gold] [DocuTicker] Newsletter 115

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Nabble" <ml-node+3172864-337556105@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Digital Divide Diversity MLS <mls-digitaldivide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:30:53 -0500 (EST)

.

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:33:56 +0000
From: DocuTicker Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jwne@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DocuTicker] Newsletter 115

                          On the Ticker:
                       DocuTicker Newsletter
                   <http://www.docuticker.com/>

Number 115                                          January 26, 2010

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The DocuTicker Newsletter is a weekly selection of content and links
from DocuTicker. Please visit the website whenever you have a free
moment to review the latest items:

<http://www.docuticker.com/>

RSS Feed: <http://www.docuticker.com/feed/>

Visit ResourceShelf for a daily update of search news,
web-based research resources, and more:

<http://www.resourceshelf.com/>

RSS Feed: <http://www.resourceshelf.com/feed/>

Just published! FreePint Online Information 2009 Special Report

Request your free copy:
<http://www.freepint.com/events/online-info-2009/>

Insights from event delegates on:

  * What's changing in the industry

  * How they benefited from this year's event --
    and what they'd like to see for next year

  * Forecasts for 2010

"The format is a great success with its no-fluff factual coverage,
soundbites from delegates and simple, logical layout."
-- Past event report user

Request your copy now:
<http://www.freepint.com/events/online-info-2009/>

Do You Have the Information You Need to Keep Your Organisation Compliant?

Participate in the FreePint Compliance Research Project:
<http://digbig.com/5baygb>

Get useful comparisons and industry information on:

  * What products organisations most rely on to
    maintain regulatory compliance

  * How satisfied they are with available features and functions

  * Business drivers that influence purchase decisions

  * And More

This project has been generously sponsored by Bureau van Dijk,
Lexis Nexis, Morningstar and Perfect Information

Get more information: <http://web.freepint.com/go/how/compliance/>

Greetings from St. Pete/Tampa:

We direct your attention to the current Resource of the Week over on
our sister site, ResourceShelf -- Some Thoughts on 'Controlled
Serendipity'. <http://digbig.com/5bayrf> Nick Bilton, in The New
York Times 'Bits' blog, writes: "If someone approached me even five
years ago and explained that one day in the near future I would be
filtering, collecting and sharing content for thousands of perfect
strangers to read - and doing it for free ' I would have responded
with a pretty perplexed look."

Well, information professionals would not have been perplexed five
years ago because, well...that's how we roll. And we need to make
sure everyone else knows. Gary and I tell you why.

Keep on keepin' on, and have a great week.

sdk

Join 1,400+ plus other folks and follow us on Twitter:

* Combined ResourceShelf and DocuTicker feed:
  <http://www.twitter.com/resourceshelf>

* DocuTicker only feed:
  <http://www.twitter.com/docuticker>

* Shirl tweets here: <http://twitter.com/webdoyenne>

And we're on Facebook, too:

* DocuTicker: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/DocuTicker/44566289460>

* ResourceShelf:
  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/ResourceShelf/45783383771>

* Gary: <http://www.facebook.com/people/Gary-Price/580249905>

* Shirl: <http://www.facebook.com/people/Shirl-Kennedy/566607461>

++ Your DocuTicker and ResourceShelf Editorial Team ++

Shirl Kennedy Senior Editor <shirl.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gary Price Founding Editor <gary.price@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adrian Janes Contributing Editor

Steven Cohen Contributing Editor

Dan Giancaterino Contributing Editor

Laura Gordon-Murnane Contributing Editor

Stuart Basefsky, MLIS Contributing Editor

productive you and your team can be.

FUMSI: Helping everyone Find, Use, Manage and Share Information --
3 month global trial for only £39

'...the practical, tactical lessons-learned support professional
development in an environment where none would be available...'

Order now: <http://web.fumsi.com/go/shop/volume/trial/>

VIP: In-depth, unbiased product reviews and insightful analysis of
changes in the content market that will affect your content portfolio

'I know of no other source that is as highly targeted to my work as an
information manager...'

Order now: <http://web.vivavip.com/go/shop/volume/trial/>

The latest GreyGuide is available online at
<http://www.docuticker.com/greyguide/>

In this issue:

Overview of Think Tanks <http://digbig.com/4ynkh>

Category Alert: Age and Aging <http://digbig.com/4ynkj>

Suggest a topic you'd like to see covered in the GreyGuide.

Send your suggestions to <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On the Ticker: Featured posts from DocuTicker.
Visit DocuTicker now: <http://www.docuticker.com/>
or click a link to view the entire post:

* Who Are America's Poor Children? The Official Story
  <http://digbig.com/5bayrg>

* Pew Finds Economic Mobility Rates Differ for Canadians and Americans
  <http://digbig.com/5bayrh>

* Europe: Pension schemes and pension projections in the EU-27 Member
  States, 2008-2060 - <http://digbig.com/5bayrj>

* 2009 Venture Investment Declines to Lowest Levels in More Than a
  Decade - <http://digbig.com/5bayrk>

* America's 75 Worst Commutes - <http://digbig.com/5bayrm>

* Responding to Earthquakes: Learning from earthquake relief and
  recovery operations - <http://digbig.com/5bayrn>

* Concierge Medicine Popularity Up Ten-Fold In Four Years -
  <http://digbig.com/5bayrp>

* The Suburbanization of Poverty: Trends in Metropolitan America, 2000
  to 2008 - <http://digbig.com/5bayrq>

DocuTicker is FREE ... thanks to our sponsors.

Current Sponsor: FreePint Research

Understanding the evolving world of information
<http://web.freepint.com/go/family/research/>

Do you have a message to share with 20,000 readers? Become a
ResourceShelf sponsor for exclusive positioning. Contact Robin
Neidorf, General Manager, at <robin.neidorf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or
learn more and complete the request for proposal form at
<http://web.freepint.com/go/family/sponsor/>

and registered email address.

The opinions, advice, products and services offered herein are the
sole responsibility of the contributors. Whilst all reasonable care
has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the publication, the
publishers cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.

This publication may be freely copied and/or distributed in its
entirety. However, individual sections MAY NOT be copied and/or
distributed without the prior written agreement of the publishers.

Write to William Hann, Managing Editor, ResourceShelf
<william.hann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for more details. Product names used
in the DocuTicker Newsletter are for identification purposes only, and
may be trademarks of their respective owners. Free Pint Limited
disclaims any and all rights in those marks. All rights reserved.

(c) Free Pint Limited 2010, part of the FreePint Family
<http://web.freepint.com/go/family/>.

DocuTicker is published by Free Pint Limited, registered in England
and Wales. Registered Number: 3754418. Registered Office: Delaport
Coach House, Lamer Lane, Wheathampstead, Herts, AL4 8RQ