[net-gold] CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : ROAD RAGE : GUNS AND GUN CONTROL : ORGANIZATIONS: NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN LEGISLATIVE EXCHANGE COUNCIL (ALEC) : UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : Road Rage Victim's Son Watched Mom 'Die in Front of Him'

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold on IO Groups list <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Wiggio.com" <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 07:41:33 -0400 (EDT)

.

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE :

ROAD RAGE :

GUNS AND GUN CONTROL :

ORGANIZATIONS: NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION,
AMERICAN LEGISLATIVE EXCHANGE COUNCIL (ALEC) :

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY :

Road Rage Victim's Son Watched Mom 'Die in Front of Him'

.

.

Road Rage Victim's Son Watched Mom 'Die in Front of Him'

David Lohr

Updated: 10/28/2014 3:59 pm EDT

Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/28/perla-avina_n_6062466.html

.

.

A California family has been left grief-stricken as they try to come to terms with an apparent road rage incident that left a 30-year-old mother of four dead Sunday afternoon, and her unknown killer on the run.

"I just hope that whoever is responsible is seriously sitting there and thinking about what they did," Esmeralda Avina told The Huffington Post on Tuesday.

Avina's sister, Perla Avina, also known as Perla Evelyn Avina Anaya Lopez, was killed Sunday afternoon, after an unknown individual fired multiple shots into her family's black 1998 Toyota Camry.

"They took a person's life," Esmeralda Avina said. "They took a mother, a wife, a sister and a daughter, from many people who loved her. This is very hard on us. I don't know how people are able to do things like this."

According to Johnna Watson, a spokesperson for the Oakland Police Department, Perla Avina's husband, Luis Lopez Gallegos, was driving the couple back from an East Oakland grocery store at the time of the shooting.

"We do believe it is road rage based on witness information and what the husband said," Watson told HuffPost. "We can't go into the exact details right now because the suspect is still out there, but we do know that there was a confrontation and during that confrontation, the suspect shot at the victim's vehicle [while] the suspect was in a vehicle traveling in the same direction."

.

snip

.

A neighbor, 54-year-old Dwayne Jackson, was outside when Gallegos pulled up in his bullet-ridden Camry.

"He pulled up really abrupt, halfway in the driveway and called to me," Jackson told Bay Area News Group. "He said, 'D, call 911. My wife's been shot.' We pulled her out of the car and I started giving her CPR, but I pretty much knew she was gone."

Paramedics responded, but there was nothing they could do and Avina was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

.

snip

.

"Her oldest child got to witness his mom die in front of him," she said. "My niece is only a year and a half and she's not even going to know her mother."

The devastated woman said her sister had been married to Gallegos for three years.

"My sister was married almost three years now, but she was with my brother-in-law for 16 years," she said, adding that her sister and brother-in-law had been high school sweethearts.

.

snip

.

A Go Fund Me campaign has been started on behalf of the family to raise money for Perla Avina's funeral expenses. Donations can be made by clicking here.

http://www.gofundme.com/gczxh8

.

snip

.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department's homicide division at (510) 238-3821 or Crime Stoppers of Oakland at (510) 777-8572.

.

.

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@xxxxxxxxxx
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

General Internet & Print Resources
http://tinyurl.com/pwyg37u
COUNTRIES
http://tinyurl.com/p7s2z4u
EMPLOYMENT
http://tinyurl.com/oxa9w52
TOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/pnla2o9
DISABILITIES
http://tinyurl.com/pl7gorq
INDOOR GARDENING
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE
The Russell Conwell Learning Center Research Guide:
THE COLLEGE LEARNING CENTER
http://tinyurl.com/obcj6rf
Information Literacy
http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Research Guides

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o
and also at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

RailTram Discussion Group
From the Union Pacific to BritRail and Beyond
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/railtram/info

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healthrecsport/

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.