[net-gold] Re: [Bulk] Is This an Urban Myth?

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports Tourism <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 00:24:26 -0400 (EDT)

.

From: blhass@xxxxxxx
To: Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:24:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [Net-Gold] Is this an urban myth?

 will this do?

http://etd.auburn.edu/etd/bitstream/handle/
10415/1942/thesis%20draft%209.pdf?sequence=1

 Toxicity and Repellency of Essential Oils to the German Cockroach

(Dictyoptera: Blattellidae)

 by
 Alicia Kyser Phillips

.

 "...Linalool can be extracted from sweet basil (Yousif et al. 1999)...."

.

"...Strong contact insecticidal activity (LC50 value of 0.12 mg/cm2) was observed when linalool was tested against adult German cockroaches for contact toxicity (filter paper bioassay) (Jang et al.2005)...."

search terms

roaches repellant basil university

Best wishes,

Barbara,