[ncsc-moths] Unknown Micro--Watauga County--Sept. 23 2011

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:27:21 -0400

Had an interesting micro last night.  It was tiny, about 3mm FWL, and I
wouldn't have even noticed it except for the swirling antenna that caught my
eye.  Beautiful metallic orange with white bands.  I've gone through both
the specimen and live photo plates on MPG and don't see a match.  I've sent
the images to Bob Patterson and hopefully will be able to get an id on it.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm