[ncsc-moths] Re: Phigalia denticulata or strigataria

  • From: "Marvin Smith" <ms6wood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 03:17:06 -0600

Merrill,

Thanks for having a look. For what it's worth, I agree and moved 375676 to P. strigataria. Coincidently, I believe I photographed another strigataria (attached) on 2/29/12. It was fairly fresh and even had the olive-green tint mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks again,
Marvin

-----Original Message----- From: J. Merrill Lynch
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:00 AM
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ncsc-moths] Re: Phigalia denticulata or strigataria

Marvin,

365776 is P. denticulata but I believe 375676 is strigataria.

Merrill

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Marvin Smith <ms6wood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for mentioning my questionable P. denticulata IDs on BugGuide.  I
want to get it right, especially on BG posts.   I’ve been through my half
dozen denticulata posts several times.  Several seem to have the deep
U-shaped bend of denticulata.  The my eye

this post:  http://bugguide.net/node/view/365776

and especially this post:  http://bugguide.net/node/view/375676

are the most dubious and could very well be P. strigataria.   However, I
wanted to get your input before actually moving them.

Thanks,
Marvin