[ncsc-moths] Re: Palpita

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 10:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

My observations are that magniferalis is darker overall and the black band on
the abdomen is usually more well-defined. There is no scientific basis for
these observations but when I first started doing moths and needed help with
most of my identifications, anything that was ID'd as magniferalis had these
traits.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County