[ncsc-moths] Re: Orthonama obstipata and Costaconvexa centrostrigaria comparison

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:36:37 -0500

Lori,

Notice the pm band on the female Costaconvexa are distinct blackish and end
abruptly about halfway from the costa while on the male Orthonama the bands
are less distinct but extend all the way from the costa to the trailing
margin.  It doesn't show well on the image but Orthonama male
forewings have a slight tannish background where both male and female
Costaconvexa are grayish.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch