[ncsc-moths] Oddly marked Macaria signarias

  • From: Jackie Nelson <ephemeropterae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 10:41:55 -0400

I've gone through dozens of Macaria pics recently and this one puzzled me
until I realized it was just an oddly patterned M. signaria.  The AM & and
median lines seem to intertwine.  This type of unusual presentation can
drive one nuts!

Both pics are the same individual, seen on 6/20
NW N. Carolina/S. Appalachians

Jackie