[ncsc-moths] Re: Moth Workshop moth list and next time

  • From: Kyle Kittelberger <kkturtledude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Moth List <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:07:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone,

I have at last finished going through my moth workshop photos. Here is a link
to many of my pics, which were taken during the workshop:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/sets/72157630789760138/ . Below is a
list of species that I did not see on Brian's list for either New River or Elk
Knob.

Enjoy!
Kyle

Moths: New River State Park
0263.5 Nemapogon clematella- an excellent find, probably a first for NC. Only
previous record I can find is for Maryland
0851 Maple Serpentine Leafminer Moth
1139 Glyphidocera lactiflosella
2552 Riley's Clearwing Moth
2795 Basswood Olethreutes- I think this might be a first for NC
3203 Brighton's Epiblema- a great find, as I think this is only the second
record for NC
5130 Choristostigma roseopennalis
5228 Ironweed Root Moth (Polygrammodes flavidalis)
5241 Basswood Leafroller
6053 Carmine Snout Moth (Peoria approximella)
8171 Nais Tiger Moth
8345 Variable Zanclognatha
8447 Gray-edged Snout
8588 Brown Panopoda
8801 Ilia Underwing Moth- this was the big underwing we did not know what the
id was
10200 Asteroid Moth (Cucullia asteroides)

Leafhoppers:New River State Park
Rhododendron Leafhopper
Graphocephala teliformis
Graphocephala versuta