[ncsc-moths] Moth Night July 30

  • From: Brian Bockhahn <birdranger248@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:25:38 -0500

So I think I had volunteered to make a website with some resources for Moth
Night.  I will be purging you all for info and your favorite bait recipes!
Actually a lot I gleaned off the list serve already, which made me wonder if
the emails are archived somewhere at freelists???

Tossing out some ideas for moth night, it's purpose is to

1. RESEARCH - count and inventory moths to add to park databases, state
lists, yard lists, etc, BAMONA
2. EDUCATION - increase awareness of moths and mothing to general public,
moth programs, hikes, sheets, counts
3. COMPETITION - hey, why not, make it fun.  highest yard count, highest in
county, state, highest overall

Thoughts?

--
Brian Bockhahn