[ncsc-moths] Micro questions

  • From: Bob Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:31:42 -0400

Last night I had three apparent lifers. One, Celiptera frustulum, was easily
identifiable on Merrill Lynch's website. The micros, unfortunately, aren't on
his marvelous micro site and I'm not totally satisfied with what I found on the
MPG site.  I'm satisfied that the first one is a Dichomeris, but I'm not
absolutely certain that it's D. vindex (#2302.1). The second micro is, I'm
reasonably certain, a Retinia. The closest match that I found is R.
comstockiana, Pitch Twig Moth (#2889). Comments please.

Bob

image/jpg

image/jpg

Bob Perkins