[ncsc-moths] Re: Lithophane question

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 06:07:50 -0800 (PST)

So far we have L. signosa, L. petulca, L. patefacta, and L. hemina suggested as
possible ID's. I checked with my contact and he said his best guess without a
specimen in hand is L. signosa. L. signosa supposedly has significantly longer
wings than other similar species and going by pictures alone, mine 'appears' to
have longer wings than other similar Lithophanes that I can find pictures of in
a similar pose. No word yet from BAMONA but since there have been hundreds,
maybe thousands of moth records submitted recently for TN, I'm not expecting a
quick response.

BTW, there are no mountains in my part of Tennessee. The highest elevation in
west TN is only 669 feet and that's near the Tennessee River.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com