[ncsc-moths] Re: Lichen Moth and Prominent

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:19:42 -0400

Hi Larry,

My guess on your moth is D. contracta. but they sure look different than
the contracta I get on LI which are highly speckled with tiny black dots.
Here's why I think it's contacta: the fringe is straight (ruling out major,
drexellii, ministra, angusii); there are two dark dots between the am line
and the next line (ruling out perspicua); only the pm line has a white
distal shade (ruling out integerrima).

Hugh

--
Hugh McGuinness