[ncsc-moths] Happy National Moth Week! Some of our species last night inc 6 homo sapiens

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolinaleps <carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Rainey <rainey47@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Judy Allen <heyjudeok@xxxxxxxxx>, Amelia Duquette <amyduq@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jean Fontaine <eepa45@xxxxxxxxx>, Alice Sutton <suttonak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:57:13 -0400

What follows are pictures of our Nat'l Moth Week participants and many of
the moths found here on Windmill Hill, Spartanbug County, SC last night.
I have quick IDs for 32 of the approximately 60 species we saw last night.
The ID's are part of each picture's caption and don't seem to show up on
the Google site.
I so far added 3 new species to the 338 moth species previously ID'd here,
the new ones being Hodges 5568, 6748, and 7659.

Photos follow with a lot more, mainly micromoths in need of
identification. If anyone wants to work on micromoth IDs let me know, and
I'll send you some photos! I'll be out of town the next 10 days.

The Rosy Maple Moth (7715) and the Smaller Parasa Moth (4696) are real
beauties!

https://plus.google.com/photos/114446304105523815248/albums/6173311061101056977

Doug Allen
Inman, SC