[ncsc-moths] Ashen Pinions

  • From: Lori Owenby <loriowenby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:12:37 -0500

I have tentatively identified these three as  # 9910 Ashen Pinion
(Lithophane antennata).  The first was from my home last night (2/19/2011)
and the other two were on the education building at Riverbend Park this
morning (2/20/2011).  Opinions are most welcome!

I also had a couple each of Spring and Fall Cankerworms and a beautiful
insect that I thought was some sort of antlion.  A cursory search of
antlions landed me nowhere--but I did stumble across a tan "winter morph"
type of Green Lacewing that I believe is the same. Click here to see the
BugGuide page. <http://bugguide.net/node/view/9107/bgimage>  My apologies
for the "non-moth" moment . . . hope you all don't mind!

--
-----
Lori Owenby

"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue
happiness.  You have to catch it yourself."  ~Benjamin Franklin