[ncsc-moths] April moths

  • From: "Ali Iyoob" <Aliiyoob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 19:08:50 -0400

Hi all,

Wrapped up the month of April with 66 species, 2 of which are unidentified.
Day flying moths are coming out in force now, and I have seen both Rare and
Common Spring moths, White-striped Blacks, and Bluish Spring Moths. Also 2
Luna Moths, one at my light sheet and one on Mount Pilot. All the below are
from the Neuse River. Still looking up ones from the Fall CBC trip. So far
this month at the Neuse, I had an Isabella Tiger Moth as well as some
Sallows that need to be looked up.

Ambiguous Moth

Banded Tiger Moth

Black-dotted Brown