[ncolug] Re: web programming help

  • From: <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 3:10:54 -0500

Of course the first <script> tag does nothing does nothing.

I ran the page through tidy to check for errors and it reported:
$tidy sessions.htm
line 30 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 31 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 32 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 33 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 34 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 35 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 36 column 17 - Warning: <input> element not empty or not closed
line 38 column 17 - Warning: inserting implicit <p>
line 9 column 17 - Warning: <script> inserting "type" attribute
line 29 column 17 - Warning: <form> lacks "action" attribute
line 40 column 17 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 28 column 17 - Warning: trimming empty <p>
line 38 column 17 - Warning: trimming empty <p>

Here's what tidy changed to the <script> elements:
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>
//<![CDATA[
                function newbg(colorname)
                {
                document.bgColor=colorname;
                }
                // End -->
//]]>
</script>

The tidy-corrected page works too!

Chuck

---- Ken Allen <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any web programmers in the ncolug?
>
> If so, I need some help, please.  Please look at the code at
> http://kc8tdw.com/sessions, this is a valid xhtml code and I am in a class
> with javascript.  I just used a blank template for this page and when I add
> the javascript in, the script will not work, until I change the stylesheet
> to text/javascript and then my css stops working.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Ken

Subject field.